38th Halloween Loop set for Saturday, Oct. 28
To say the Halloween Loop is Wilmington’s grandest nightlife tradition is no exaggeration. The event is older than most of its attendees.
On Saturday, Oct. 28, Wilmington’s biggest night out continues as 12 clubs join forces to host this revered citywide costumed pub crawl. Everyone 21 years or older is invited. The official start is 8 p.m.
“In terms of annual nightlife events in Wilmington, nothing really compares to the Halloween Loop,” says Jim Miller of Out & About Magazine, the presenting sponsor of the event. “Three things make it such a supremely successful series: longevity, draw, and spectacle.”
This year’s Loop lineup includes Catherine Rooney’s, Chelsea Tavern, Dead Presidents, Ernest & Scott Taproom, FireStone, Gallucio’s Café, Grotto Pizza, Kelly’s Logan House, Lavish, Timothy’s Riverfront, Trolley Oyster House and Trolley Tap House. A one-time $10 cover gains you admission to all participating Loop venues. Attendees will receive a wristband upon paying the cover.
New this year is a partnership with Lyft, the nationwide ride-on-demand company. A special code will be printed on all wristbands, entitling attendees to a free or discounted trip (depending on their destination) on their first use only. It’s one discount per caller, but if you work as a team your group can utilize Lyft all night for minimal cost.
“We’re proud to partner with the 38-year-old City Loop Series to ensure attendees can rely on Lyft for a safe and convenient ride on demand,” said Andrew Woolf, general manager, Lyft Pennsylvania, Delaware. “Across the country, Lyft partners with brands and organizations to help passengers get home safely and I’m thrilled to be offering that same opportunity to Delaware residents and visitors.”
As for your Halloween Loop attire, dress to impress. By that we mean creativity is king when it comes to a costume. So don’t come as a cowboy, a Philadelphia Eagle or a Playmate. Think Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Sean Spicer, Justin Bieber…
There is no official starting point to the Loop. You simply select the nightspot you’d like to visit first, pay the cover charge, and receive a wristband that gains you admission to all other Loop venues without paying another cover.
Here are a few other Halloween Loop tips:
• Costumes are strongly recommended. This is a costumed bar crawl. Many venues have prizes. In fact, the Loop Patrol will be awarding on-the-spot prizes for costumes that catch their eye.
• Make it easy on yourself and have Lyft pick you up at your house. Then you’ll never have to worry about driving or parking.
• Wear a comfortable costume. Make sure it allows you to see where you are walking and use the rest room with ease. And make sure it doesn’t cause you to become overheated (Venues get very crowded on the Loop).
• Get there early. Lines begin forming by 9 p.m.
• If you don’t use Lyft, designate a sober driver or plan to stay in the city for the evening at a friend’s place or one of the city’s five hotels. There are also several complimentary Last Call Lots where you can leave your car overnight and pick it up the next day.
For a list of venues, Last Call Lots and updates on the Halloween Loop, visit outandaboutnow.com.